Solved

NCNR order control

• 17 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi, Guys,

I’m wondering whether there is an out-of-box solution for NCNR (Non-cancelable, no-returnable) order in IFS order module.  Basically I just want to add some extra control over an order lifecycle, blocking normal customer orders to be changed or cancelled, rejecting RMA automatically... Searching IFS documentation, it seems no such terminology yet…  I know we could have a customized solution by twisting the order flow logic, but really prefer to utilize an standardized solution from IFS if possible.  Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

David Cheng

icon

Best answer by Buddhika Kurera 21 January 2024, 03:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @DavidSmile ,

Just a thought! Can’t we define related End User Roles and use to satify this requirement?

regards,

Piyal

Badge +6

Thank you, Piyal,

My thought is to put the control directly on customer order line object, regardless who creates/changes the line.  Permission control in IFS is to map who to what, but not to judge who to what…  Not sure...

Best,

David 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@DavidSmile There is no such out-of-box capability in current IFS Cloud versions to facilitate NCNR product flow, AFAIK.

When there are mix of products, not all products are NCNR, it is not possible to achieve this requirement using end user permissions. Unless the coordinators specifically are handling NCNR products only. In that case we can remove the permissions to Order Cancellations and access to RMAs. But still the other coordinators who handle the other products have the access and can be carried out the operations. I think this is what you mentioned, judge who-to-what.

Therefore rather restricting what can be done is indicating that the order contains zero or more NCNR products using custom fields and events unless you need a customization.

Adding the control directly to the Customer Order object would be the best approach but it is an enhancement.

If anyone has a better solution please contribute here as this is a quite common scenario. Thanks !

Badge +6

Thank you, @Buddhika Kurera,

Great summary! 

Some special order handling processes such as NCNR are popping up constantly, it will be very nice to extend the handling options on top of IFS’ order flow, not only be able to include or exclude the predefined step(s), but also allow conditional control on each step…  Anyway, just as Buddhika had suggested, in my case, the combination of a new custom field, an new event, and an event action/handler could be an viable alternative to straight modification of the DB objects.  I might try this approach later, hopefully not too cumbersome.  ;-)

best,

David