Question

Material Requisition Cannot be Closed

• 21 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Test Plan

1. Created and released 2 Material Requisition lines for 2 different Purchase Parts on the same MR. 
  2. RMB on each of the above lines show that 2 Purchase Requisitions created respectively. [No Project connection]
  3. Both the PRs processed and converted to the Pos. Out of the two, only one PO is received and closed. After issuing the materials of the relevant line of that PO, the MR header is in ‘Partially Delivered’ state
  4. Now the user cancels the other PO and selects ‘No’ to the question to reopen PR lines. So the PR remains in the closed state
  5. Now how shall I close the MR?

The user actually changed the Due Qty to zero on the MR line and tried to remove the line. But it gives the following message.

“The Material Requisition Line Demand “1” is used by 1 rows in another object (Material Requisition Purchase Order) 

IFS App9 UPD14

IFS Support Case ID CS0109018

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

A possible workaround is to set the Material Requisition LIne /supply code to Invent Order. 

It seems this action is removing the pegged information from the connected supply objects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

A possible workaround is to set the Material Requisition LIne /supply code to Invent Order. 

It seems this action is removing the pegged information from the connected supply objects.

@RigsIrosh thanks for the suggestion. I had the same suggestion from the IFS Support organization. But it’s not allowed for the PROD example Material Requisition I have, nor can I change it on the issue recreated Material Requisition on the testing environment :( Do you have any other suggestion please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@RigsIrosh thanks for the suggestion. I had the same suggestion from the IFS Support organization. But it’s not allowed for the PROD example Material Requisition I have, nor can I change it on the issue recreated Material Requisition on the testing environment 😞 Do you have any other suggestion please? 

I meant to say the Supply Code is not allowed to be changed on the Material Requisition Line

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I tried recreating the issue again but failed in both IFS Cloud and APP 10. I think probably specific for environment you are testing and may be a patch is not applied?

But hard to tell without further investigations. Better get a data repair to get rid of this additional demand line and perhaps conduct a code investigation to see what exactly cause this anomaly in the environment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Discussed this also with IFS GSO and they suggested data repair too. However I suggested,

1. Since the issue is recretable, shouldn’t it be classified as a bug in IFS?
  2. Analyze the impact on Data Repair on associated flows / forms in IFS 
Userlevel 2
Badge +8

As long you have a live environment with recreating test data I think it is better to log and issue and investigate it further and like the idea of analyzing the impact. Probably can expect less impact since changing the supply code would only remove pegging on demand/supply objects.