Question

Lead time in Supply chain matrix

• 8 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

We have a setup where site A place purchase order to Site B and site B purchase from external supplier for direct delivery to site A, see below picture.

We have tried different setups in supply chain matrix to define transport lead time from external supplier to demand site A but so far without success. Does anyone have an idea if this is possible and if so how?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

This setup is defined Central Purchasing or Intersite.

Firstly intersite messages on site, supplier and customer should activated and then Site A must create a purchase order from site B (supplier B). At the same time a customer order will automatically be created on Site B. In this customer order, site A should be defined as customer and the customer order should be released by selecting the supply code ‘Purch Order Direct ’ in the line. The external supplier must also be selected on the customer order line.  When the customer order is released, a purchase requisition is created automatically on Site B. The goods will be delivered directly to the customer (Supplier A/Site A).

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

The setup for order process is clear and up and running for us. The question is only related to lead time and how that can be setup to reflect lead time according to my picture. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

ı think lead time can be entered by using Procurement\Supplier\Transportation Data\Supply Chain Matrix for Supplier in 2different way.

First one,

for example, if a purchase order is made from supplier C0000001on site B with ship via code Site a, the external lead time specified in the image shoul be used.

Secondly,

Likewise, an axternal lead time can  be spesified can be specifing an expection code.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

HI,

I have tried different settings but as far as i can see, system will never use lead time in a supply chain matrix setup between Supplier and Site A below (green). Only lead time considered  is the one defined in Supply chain matrix between site A and B (yellow). This will not be correct since delivery is done directly from external supplier to site A, i.e. no transit to site B. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, i.e. system cannot handle lead time in this specific scenario?