Question

Issues with new supplier schedules in Apps 10

• 4 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

A customer recently upgraded from Apps 9 to Apps 10. They are using supplier schedules as part of their business operations. In Apps 9 they were able to create new supplier schedules even without a demand. But in Apps 10 new supplier schedules cannot be created without a demand.

And also in Apps 9, once we create a new supplier schedule with line type R or F (Released Firm Demand, Forecast Demand), we can delete the demand which will create a new supplier schedule without any lines.

But in Apps 10 this is not possible. The application does not create new supplier schedules when we delete the current demand. But this is not applicable to Forecast Demand.

Does anyone know if this is related to any basic data set or if this is a change in application design? If so any reason for such a change?

Thank you in advance!

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Sudheera Nimalshantha ,

There are no significant changes for supplier schedule  from APP 9 to 10. Only prerequisite to create the schedule manually is you need to have active supplier schedule agreement and part must be added to the supplier schedule. Could you please let us know if you are getting any error message when you try to create the supplier schedule manually.

And if I understood correctly , there is a frequency field in the supplier agreement which determines the frequency with which new schedules will be created for the demand when you run MRP.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @EqeMithuV,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We’re not getting any error message.

Hence would you be able to kindly check the following in Apps 10?

1- Can we generate a new supplier schedule without a demand?

2- If we delete demand (Released FirmDemand) from Inventory part availability planning and when we run MRP, does applicable generate a new supplier schedule without the particular demand line?

Best Regards,

Sudheera

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sudheera Nimalshantha ,

I have tested in APP 10 (UPD 13) 

1- Can we generate a new supplier schedule without a demand?

• Yes, system will allow you to create the supplier schedule manually without the demand for the part. if you select choose Yes for the pop message ‘’ "Create template schedule including previous deliveries?" schedule lines will be created as per the default template and if you choose No , then empty schedule will be created.

2- If we delete demand (Released FirmDemand) from Inventory part availability planning and when we run MRP, does applicable generate a new supplier schedule without the particular demand line?

• Yes, new schedule will be created without the demand line which was deleted in the next MRP run. below is the example 

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @EqeMithuV,

Thank you again for your kind response.

Yes, we can create supplier schedules manually.

But my question is whether the system creates blank supplier schedules once we run "Perform Site MRP" when there is no demand.
In Apps 9 it is possible. But in Apps 10 it doesn’t seem to be the case.

Best Regards,

Sudheera

Thank You.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sudheera Nimalshantha ,

Yes, it does create the supplier schedule without any schedule lines if there are no demand. 

In the below example, initially I had 2 demand and hence there were 2 lines in the schedule 1, then there was only 1 demand and 1 line in the schedule 2 ( refer screenshot in previous comment). Schedule 3 created without any line as there was no demand. This happened after subsequent MRP run.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @EqeMithuV,

Many thanks for your reply.

Is there any basic data in the application which enables empty supplier schedules? The customer is in Apps10 UPD 14 and using the following basic data set-up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sudheera Nimalshantha ,

My setting is almost same as yours and I am able to generate the empty schedules after MRP run. 

I don't think so we have any other setting either in site or supplier level to generate the empty schedules.

Could you please check the MRP action proposal messages for the part after MRP run, you can see here if there are any issues with the part setup.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @EqeMithuV ,

Thank you again for your time. I will check further and get back if needed.

Best Regards,

Sudheera