Question

Is it possible to create a SALES QUOTATION without creating a new customer in the database?

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

HI, 

I want to create a sales offer for a customer who has not yet been entered.

However, I see that I cannot create such an offer because the system requires the selection of CUSTOER_ID from the list of values.

Is there no other way to create an offer, but not to create a new customer in the database yet?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @USER_IFS 

usually, you need a customer to create a sales quotation. Because you can transfer a quotation to a customer order.

Maybe you can use an One-Time-Customer for this case.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Link 

Ok, but what if the customer is interested in the offer and wants to cooperate longer?

Is it possible to change a one-time customer into a regular (‘normal’) customer?

Is it enough to disable the checkbox later?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @USER_IFS 

if the customer is interested in the offer you can complete it and create a customer order for this one time. And you can create later a new customer if they are interested in a cooperation. 

If you have seldom transactions with this customer then you (can) use it as an one time. Of course you need to enter these data like address, payment methods etc.

Test it on your test environment. :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Well, I don't expect such this solution.

Once, in version 7.5 app , you could prepare an offer by entering any customer's data and then create it in the system - if we need.

But thank you for your help :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes it is possible, if you RMB in the header of the Sales Quotation you can select Quick Register Customer, enter an ID and select category of ‘Prospect’ whereby you only need to entner default Language and Country(?) . This allows you to then enter the quotation and any specific info required by the customer in the quotation and only when the quotation is ‘won’ will you then convert the ‘prospect’ to an actual customer allowing you then to convert the quote to an order.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Deb