Question

Inventory Part Transition into a different Inventory Part

• 19 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good morning IFS Community!!!!

Is there a way to convert one inventory part into another inventory part?  For example:  I have an inventory part in EA of a 50 pound bag of potatoes, and I want to convert the 1 each of the 50 pound bag into 10 Eaches of a 5 pound bag.  I am currently using a shop order, and while that is working, it is cumbersome and not one user friendly.  

It would be great if there was “CONVERT X Number of PART A into Y Number of PART B”.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Darin,

You can create “Input UoM Group” and connect with the part.

Input UoM Group:

The input UoM groups created are available for connecting to inventory parts. You can specify the input UoMs to be included in this group, and the inventory UoM to which all of these input UoMs will be converted. You can either chose to use a direct conversion or a formula. You can also specify the particular processes where the use of input UoMs is allowed.

Below screen captures for further information:

Define input UoM group

Add input UoM to the part

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @DarinHowrey ,

If there is no need to report any hours spent on doing this job then the simple option would be to count out 50 pound bag and count in five 10 pound bags.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I agree totally for the operations side, however since I traditionally package both, and have structures for both where costs are assigned I run into a cost variance.  I repackage into 10 pound bags, my costs are higher in losing the original bag, label, tie and the labor to do it and finance wants to capture those costs. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @DarinHowrey ,

If you want to capture the actual cost incurred for every packing then shop order would be the best option.

Regards,

Mithun K V