IFS ScanIt 10 Crashing after latest (1.0.10) update in android

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 16 replies

Hi All,

We've received app crashing issues from many customers after installing the latest Scan It 10 update (1.0.10) in android. This is indeed a business critical issue and we've given top priority within R&D to fix it. Until that we recommend to download the previous app version manually as instructed below. We know this could not work for customers who are having many devices and handling devices through automatic updates centrally. But it's the only workaround we can provide for android at the moment until we restore previous app version in the app store. I'll keep you posted when the previous app is restored in the apps store. If you have any issues/concerns please contact me directly on teams.

Steps to install the old app on your device

• Uninstall the current app

• Go to https://tas-app10.ifsworld.com/Downloads.aspx in the mobile browser

• Look under scanit_app section. You will see two links as shown below(screenshot)

• If your android OS is higher than Android 5, click on ScanItPostLollipop.apk

• If your android OS is equal or lower than Android 5, click on ScanItPreLollipop.apk

• This will download the apk file, once its downloaded open the apk file and select install

• This should install the older version of the app

Regards,

Madusha Abeywickrama

4 replies

Badge +1

We are experiencing this issue. We would prefer to have the old version on the App store so we can update the devices automatically. Is there an ETA for it? Thank you.
Mike

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think friday is planned date for a fixed version.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A new version is now released on Play Store.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@mcase App crashing issue has been fixed and New ScanIt version 1.0.11 is available in play store now