Solved

How to rename Operational Reports

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I want to rename my operational reports when they print off. The file names are usually the Report Id with the result key. I’ve created a report rule to set property of the document file name but that didnt seem to work. Am I using this incorrectly? Everything seems fine based off of the technical documentation. 

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 7 June 2023, 07:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

I tried this in our reference environments as well and it seems when you set the "DocumentFileName" property in a "Set Property" type action, it only affects the file name in Report Archive. If you need to change the name in the email attachment, please try an "E Mail" type action and set the attachment name.

hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Charith Epitawatta 

This helps a ton, thanks!

The service quotation and service order acknowledgement for Service Quotations have a built in emailing button. How could I change this?

The emailing action is defined in the ServiceQuotationHandling projection under the EmailOrderQuotation projection action.

Any advise?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

Have you tried revoking the Projection Action for this permission set and see if that works? Otherwise, I think the questions should go to a functional expert in Distribution area. 

Hope this helps!