Question

How to freeze charges in a purchase order

• 17 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear all,

when creating a PO and its PO lines, purchase charges are automatically fetched according to the setup. However, if we decide to remove one of the charge, this one is automatically re-applied when updating the quantity and delivery dates (same if we set the charged qty to 0). 

Do you know if there is a way to freeze the charges on a PO?

Thanks for your replies 😀

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hej,

If you delete the charges on the the charges tab and then change qty and date, it does not change (i did test in IFS cloud). So is there any customizations in the view? Is purchase order change orders used?

If you let us know the exact steps, i can check and come back with more information.

BR

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear Romuse,

thanks for your reply :)

Here is the initial state:

Charge setup on purchase part for supplier:

Purchase order line 

Purchase order charge 

I try to remove the charge and change qty and/or date:

Charge is back 😥:

Thanks a lot for your help

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I think this is due to the Max Order Amt/Base field having a value. As this is a conditional field the system is therefore recalculating the requirement for a charge line as soon as you change the qty. The freeze price flag has no effect on this and still results in the charge line being re-added and I don’t believe there is another way to freeze the charges 

If this field (or the min amount field) is not populated the charge line is not re-added therefore I think you may need to assess the business need to have this Max order amt populated (I’m sure there is likely a use case that required this) on the SFPP record. Otherwise I suspect it may need to be reviewed as a CRIM.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Deb

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Dewauk,

thanks for your reply 🙂

Unfortunatelly the customer needs this column to apply the charge according to the PO Amout. I understand that the systems recalculate charges each time qty, price or date are modified. However, i don’t understand the following behavior: 

When i set the charge qty to 0…

… and modify the qty…

… the the charged qty is set back to 1:

Could this be considered as a BUG?

Thanks a lot for your feedback

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dewauk,

thanks for your reply 🙂

Unfortunatelly the customer needs this column to apply the charge according to the PO Amout. I understand that the systems recalculate charges each time qty, price or date are modified. However, i don’t understand the following behavior: 

When i set the charge qty to 0…

… and modify the qty…

… the the charged qty is set back to 1:

Could this be considered as a BUG?

Thanks a lot for your feedback

I don't think this is a bug. Since the Max amount of is still 500 and the total amount of the order is below that value, the charge is calculated again. 

Please try if you change delete the charge and raise the qty so the value of the po will go higher than 500. Then it will not be used again.

As you mention the systems recalculate charges each time qty, price or date are modified. So basically that is what you're doing above. So system works as expected in my opinion.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Steven, you are right, if the PO is above 500 the charge disapear/is not recalculated.

So in the end, i guess the answer to my question is: No, there is no way to freeze charges on a PO 😉

Thanks to all of you for your help