Question

How to change currency code in customer order or in customer invoice

• 25 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

We have a scenario where when we create a customer order with currency is dollars. This customer order will be delivered.

After two months when we received the invoice for this order, we can see that the currency of the invoice has changed from dollars to euros.

Our question is, is it possible to change the currency in the customer order or invoice?

And if it is not possible to change the available currency, how should this scenario be managed in the system?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can’t we use Different Invoicing Customer functionality for this requirement? Customer → Sales → General → Invoice Customer then we can add related Euro customer here before invoicing the CO.

Badge +2

I checked your solution but I still could not change the currency code in customer invoice;

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

As I said, that option you can use only when you deliver and before creating the CO invoice. And, another idea, if your invoice is prelimanary status then we can delete it. Isn’t it?

Badge +2

in my test plan, before i deliver customer order, i add the invoice customer having currency different with the customer order’s currency, 

but after delivering customer order and creating customer invoice, i find that the currency in customer invoice did not change based on the invoicing customer’ s currency. 

for your another idea, if we delete the preliminary invoice, then how we can change currency code in customer order so that the new created customer invoice get the new currency code?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Aha, I was thinking that the invoice can create using invoicing customer’s currency. So, it is not happening.  😯 Will try with myself and let you know the outcome. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I tested this flow. Yes, as you said, invoice always created with Order currency.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @SHIRINK,

In PO you can change the order with the PO Change Order page. However, in CO there is no way to change the currency as I know. You have to Cancel the CO. After that, you can create with the correct currency.

However, If you just want to change the invoice. there should be an option like Invoice Currency like ours. But, it can be a localization upgrade.