Question

Field COST in CustomerOrderLines. Where does it comes from?

• 6 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi experts,

as mentioned, we are extremly deep into IFS datastructures.
Yesterday we got an extraordinary case.
Old customerorder (with wrong customerno), shipments, storno, rma, than a new customerorder but without new shipmentlines.

We learned (and implemented) the following.

The moment a shipment takes place an ITH (Inventory Transaction History) record is created with
Transactioncode OESHIP.
This record holds all the information about cost types, like purchase, subcontracting, manufacturing, and so on.
We get all this information, summ it up to TotalCostManufacturingITH and compare it with TotalCostManufacturing which is the field COST in the table CUSTOMER_ORDER_LINES.

Now the following question:
How does IFS “knows” about costs and where does the value in the field COST comes from, even if there are no ShipmentLines (where a specific Lotbatch with specific coststructure) is fetched?

Have a nice day!

best Regards

Michael

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Add on:
Because in this case we have no ShipmentLines the whole process of fetching detailed costs fails and the contribution margin is way to high because of missing costs.

Excel-Pivot-Reporting for Contribution Margin (CM)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Michael Kaiser 

I think it comes from this tab in inventory part:

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Link,

I think, that makes totally sense.

This value is an average of all items available at the moment.

I checked it:
As you can see, the values in the DataWareHouse match perfectly with the inventory value (for one piece)

DWH Check for IP Costs

More details:
Inventory_Part_Unit_Cost_API.Get_Inventory_Value_By_Method(CONTRACT,PART_NO,CONFIGURATION_ID,LOT_BATCH_NO,SERIAL_NO)

This API fetch the value:

Get_Inventory_Value_By_Method

It comes down to:

INVENTORY_PART_UNIT_COST_TAB Cost buckets result in Field COST

I can remember that we tried to get cost data from this source.

But the problem is: The moment the Lotbatch is finished, the inventory value - for this lot - will disapear. That was the reason we switched to ITH.

Thanks Link for helping me get things sorted out.

CU

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Michael Kaiser 

you are welcome. I worked on a project in the past. And we looked also on this screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Michael Kaiser unit cost calculation in IFS is quite complex and it depends on the Inventory Part COst Level setup.

For ex, if Cost Per Part is used → just one entry in INVENTORY_PART_UNIT_COST_TAB

→ entry in INVENTORY_PART_UNIT_COST_TAB will never be deleted, but the value will be updated every time the cost controllers run cost calculation (Copy Costs to Cost Set 1)

If Cost per Lot Batch → each lot batch once it’s produced via Shop Order will have it’s own cost (depending on the materials used / work center cost of the Shop order)

→ when there’s no more qty_onhand from that lot-batch ( for ex after the OESHIP transaction of the last pieces of the lot-batch) the lot-batch entry in INVENTORY_PART_UNIT_COST_TAB is deleted

Due to this complexity, it’s advisable to use the cost from the Invetory_Transaction_History_Tab for each individual transaction.