Solved

Export Control - Cant create pick list if partially connected

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue

export control is activated for a part, as valid license exists and is connected at customer order level with an export license status of ‘Partially Connected’.

The first export control check which takes place at order release allows you to release the order.

However, when you come to create the pick list for the order, you are blocked from creating the pick list with the attached error message. It is only possible if the user has authorization to override export license connection in export control basic data. 

Firstly, this does not seem to function correctly to me, as it has allowed you to release the order at the first check point - if it wasn’t suitable connected then you should not be allowed to release the order. Secondly, the message says its not connected, but the license is connected, albeit, partially connected. 

Any thoughts or comments appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Pushpa Kumara Hettiarachchi 20 February 2023, 18:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes, I also came across with the same issue. This happened to me when there exist an export-controlled component under the parent part. But when I check the Export License tree it does not show such a requirement for the component. Still the Export License Status shows as Partially Connected.

Please see the picture attached. EXP-02 is the manufactured parent part which require s an export license and it has been connected. The purchase component EXP-P1 also requires an export license, but it has shown here as “Not Needed”, but still it has made the status in the header Partially Connected. This is not correct and this scenario has created the error at picklist creation for me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I raised this with IFS. It is core build. My solution was to add a record to the supplier for purchase part under the export control tab, marking it as not export controlled and activating the record. This will create a “connected” status on the customer order line. Unfortunately, it does require additional set up. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I raised this with IFS. It is core build. My solution was to add a record to the supplier for purchase part under the export control tab, marking it as not export controlled and activating the record. This will create a “connected” status on the customer order line. Unfortunately, it does require additional set up. 

Hi Jonny,
Yes, that worked. Thank you very much. 😍