Solved

Error ORA-01841: (full) year must be between -4713 and +9999, and not be 0 occurred while running Snapshot_Summary for Contract

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi all,

In one of our site’s mrp we have this error 

Error ORA-01841: (full) year must be between -4713 and +9999, and not be 0 occurred while running Snapshot_Summary for Contract XXX

Does anybody know how to find what is causing this issue?

Looked at CO lines, PO lines, MS, Shoporders but cannot find any with an invalide date and I guess error comes from some calculation including leadtimes etc.

We are on IFS 10 UPD14

icon

Best answer by majose 21 March 2023, 21:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

My first thoughts would be that you should create a case for this.   I say this because the error may be caused by different issues.   For example, in one call center case the error was due to a component that was set to a status (such as obsolete) that did not did not allow supply.  I believe the actual status of part was “O” to be phased out.   If this is the issue, then it could be something that can be found. For example, a new part status / assigned to parts recently. 

I saw other issues (cases) where a patch was required. I did not see any similar issues for your version.  

Support may be able to trace the issue, better than I can via this forum. 

Best regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Anna,

Have you found the problematic part/order?

When I look at the code and doing some thinking here behind the R&D walls… I thought since you are using a kind of late Apps10 version… we are doing some more advanced date logic in the Snapshot_Summary method. If you run MRP and check in “Plan Safety Stock Receipt considering MRP Run Date” MRP logic nowadays asks purchasing date logic for a realistic receipt date to replenish the safety stock. Something might go wrong here for you.

So if you run with this setting and get the error, try run it without this setting.

Anyway I realize we should improve the error detection logic here, so that you also at least get the part number as well.

Another cause of the problem could be strange time phased safety stock setup - coz this is also managed in this part of the MRP code.

Please log a support case.

Best Regards,

Mats

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

Thanks Mats for your reply. 

Did some testing today based on the info you provided. Found that the error comes from time phased safety stocks where To dates where setup outside of  the calendar. When adjusting these to be within the generated calendar the error no longer occured. 

Already have a case with support on this so I will provide them with the details so hopefully we can get a better message in the mrp log.

Regards,

Anna