Question

Error on Moving to One Location receipt

• 25 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Trying to move a receipt (after inspection) to a picking location and getting the error “The quantity issued for part 2190239 on site 2 at location 1WP should not be greater than the available quantity.

Have no idea what this means or what it is asking for - please help!!!!!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Not sure what version this is on, but checking in V9 from the Move to One Location RMB on the Move Into Stock overview, I can force a similar error if the Qty to Move is greater than the Arrived Qty.  I know this is an obvious point, but was wondering if a screen shot would be more clear.  Is this the dialog box you are starting from?  What are your values for Arrived and To Move?  Below is a simple example, but may not be accurate for what you are doing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

This is where I am moving it from and as you can see my values all match.  We are on version 10.  I don’t even see the screen mentioned above

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Figured it out - there was a Transport Task that had been created for this part/lot batch - once I deleted that I was able to move my item

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We are getting the same error, cannot find a Transport Task or anything that could cause the issue. What can be the other reasons please? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Sometimes it may be due to a  default Part Availability Control attached to the stock record from Warehouse defaults. Probably good to check that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks @RigsIrosh I had already checked that under ‘Availability Control’ in ‘Inventory Part in Stock’ for this part and there’s none. Neither does the part has any default locations setup. To give you an idea, the original issue is mentioned here: 

To overcome the error experienced there only, the part was manually added as a positive counting difference (to later issue) after the discussion with @ShawnBerk on the other thread. However the the error “The quantity issued for part xxxx on site x at location 1xx should not be greater than the available quantity” popped up