Solved

Delivery Route with two routes per day possible?

• 18 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

For a client we’re trying to set up a Delivery Route linked to our internal customers with two departures per day. The Business Requirement is to have a shuttle leaving in the morning and in the afternoon. This shuttle will leave from the logistics warehouse and deliver to a route of internal production sites. We have created the following Delivery Route for this:

IFS > Delivery Route

This Route was attached to all internal customers on the address level. When creating a CO the route is automatically filled in the Order Details. When adding a CO Line, the Planned Ship/Date should change according to the Wanted Delivery Date and pick the departure in the morning or in the afternoon. The Planned Delivery Period should then fetch this information in order to display a period linked to the assigned calendar (Site or Customer level).

The problem is that the Planned Ship/Date always picks the departure route in the morning. 

Has anyone worked with multiple deliveries per day yet in the Delivery Route? Does anyone have an idea as to how to set this up correctly in order to have the Planned Ship/Date switch between the morning and afternoon delivery? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AsankaGaru 19 December 2023, 16:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

According to the setup above, for your evening delivery at 1.00 pm, the order placement stop is 12.00am. If you make it 12.00 pm, would that solve your issue?

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Badge +2

Hi @AsankaGaru,

I changed this but still no results. On the COL the wanted time is at 6PM, however the part still gets sent out at 5AM (Planned Ship/Date). Whatever we do, IFS always picks 5AM. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

(There would be other things affecting why you always get the morning suggested such as picking lead times etc.)

I set up your delivery route and was able to get afternoon delivery used for shipping. I do not have any lead-times for supply chain matrix or site which is unrealistic in real life but anyway. I am using site time zone offset to change my date/time of order placement.

-----------

My customer order wanted delivery date  is 

if I created my customer order line at 10.13 am on 19/12/2023, it would be planned to be shipped in afternoon delivery.

I then changed the site time zone offset to simulate what will happen if I add my customer order line at 1.26 pm on 19/12/2023, which is after the ‘stop time for order placement’ for afternoon delivery . As expected the new line would be going in tomorrow’s (20/12/2023) morning shipment.

At least it doesn’t seem like there is a bug in cloud that stops us from using a route with two deliveries. 

I think you could check your order line created times(via order line history) , against the cut off for each delivery and your lead times to see why this is not working for you.

Hope this helps,

Asanka

Badge +2

Hi @AsankaGaru,

Just wondering, have you tested this in 23R1? 

Because we seem to have the issue only in this environment and not in 21R1 for example.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, My environment is 23R1.

(I would guess it could be something to do with the environment time. You can check what the date time shown in customer order or order line history )

Thanks

Badge +2

Hi @AsankaGaru could you show us a screenshot of your delivery route? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Sure,

Badge +2

@AsankaGaru As we did some more tests, we figured out that possibly the delivery route (twice per day) only works for COL with a wanted date = current day (SYS date). Is this correct? This is the only explanation we see as to why it doesn’t always work. Thank you!

Badge +2

Hi @AsankaGaru ,

We seem to have found how the system works:

After conducting a lot of tests on clean IFS environments (no CRIMs) we came to the conclusion that:

• On the SYSDATE it is possible to create a COL and receive the right Delivery Route (created before 8AM = Delivery Route 8:01, created after 8AM = Delivery Route 1:01).
  • Any COL created for SYSDATE + X Days will be assigned to the Delivery Route of the morning regardless of what Wanted Delivery Date/Time is set.
  • In other words, the functionality only works on SYSDATE, and even on SYSDATE it will just look at the current time and not to your wanted time. If the current time is before the first Route --> the COL will be added to the first route etc. 

As you’ll see the PM route will only work on the SYSDATE. Do you come to the same conclusion?