Solved

Customer order that have partial amount advance invoice but still take out full amount when closed/invoiced

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

Need your advice.

My organization is using IFS version 8

As per subject, we have a situation where we issue partial advance invoice to customer order for the purpose of prepayment (usually 10%) from the entire customer order amount. However, when we closed the order and issue the rest of the invoice amount, the system take out full amount of the customer order. 

Example as below:
The total customer order amount is 901152.00 and 10% of the amount is 90115.20. Supposedly, the balance of the invoice amount should be 811,036.50 
​​​​​

Can anyone help to advice how to make sure that the rest of customer order amount invoice is offsetting advance invoice amount?

Regards,
Mirza

icon

Best answer by Himarshi Gunathilaka 8 February 2024, 06:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@MDEMIRZAIFS if you print the final CD invoice you should see there that the prepaid amount should be subtracted from the total invoice. 

Have you tried printing a work copy of the Invoice document?

Badge +4

Hi,

As per your scenario, advance invoice is in PostedAuth status & not being paid yet. So once the advance invoice is paid it will create a CUPIA payment which can be offset against the final invoice.

Further, if the advance invoice is in paidposted status before creating the final invoice, then it should automatically offset with advance invoice & retain at partlypaidposted status.

Badge +3

Hi Himarshi,

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it a lot.
I will verify this at my end and confirm again

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your advice as well. appreciate it