Solved

Customer Order Line Sales Part No

• 4 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

When enetering a new customer order line and selecting F8 for a list of Sales Part No’s is it possible to restrict the list of available Parts by a list specific for the Customer, rather than all available Sales Parts?

icon

Best answer by PRODQ 4 January 2024, 15:38

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

Rather than selecting the sales part, you can select from a list in the customer part no.

You set up customer sales part basic data where you connect sales parts to customers and specify a different customer sales part number if required.

In that way, the user can only select those sales parts connected to that customer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You could use an existing field (or create a custom one) to flag a Sales Part as “for this customer”.  You could also use Sales Price List and/or Customer Agreement in conjunction with Customer Order Template to narrow down the “pick from” options?

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @ArcStephA 

Thats exactly the solution I was looking for. Thank you very much for your help and quick response.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Apologies @ArcStephA I clicked the wrong reply as “Best Answer” for our situation, but @PRODQ I really apprecaite you also offering an alternative solution.

Badge +1

You can group parts by Assortment tree and limit the customer to an assortment. As a result, from the list of values in the customer's order line, you will only see items from a given assortment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ZHPHELLYAR 

Whats the IFS version that you are on?

Just adding ideas, did you check the Assortment functionality. You are able to limit the sales by defining which parts the customer can buy with the use of Assortments. But there can be manual work as for all other customers you would have to connect other parts than the specific ones you do not want them to buy to some Assortment.

Thanks,

Chamath