Question

Consolidated Transport Task & Location Groups

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I am trying to create  Consolidated Transport Task via Inventory Part in Stock Reservation. My question is whenever the reservation records have different location groups (same location type -picking) it triggers a separate Transport task instead of consolidating into one despite the parameters I have set up in Site level ( refer the attachment) . The warehouse setting is NULL so Site should override ( I have thoroughly tested different scenarios, but ending up with same result). I got this checked technically as well. Can someone pls explain the logic behind having the location group preventing a Transport Task Consolidation ? Or whether you found a work-around for this ? Thanks in Advance !

Regards

Yashodha

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The purpose of a location group is to group several locations with the same location type. Therefore, you can specify one location type for each location group. This means that you will probably need one group for arrival, one for inspection, one for picking, etc. This provides for quicker handling of your inventory parts.

In other words - if you have two different location groups with the same location type -IFS assumes this is two separate groups of workers doing that task. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Yes I understand the concept of a Location Group.

My question is if I have set up the Transport Task Automatic Consolidation criteria in my Site level  (refer my screenshot in the description), then it should generate a single Transport Task instead of splitting by the Location Group. Isn’t it ? 

Also on a separate note -In my customer scenario, there is no Warehouse Worker set up in the Site, (inactive) .- hence it should disregard the Location Group for TT

Thanks for your time

Regards

Yashodha

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Regarding your second paragraph - having a warehouse worker / worker group set up as BDR in your environment will not affect the way transport tasks are consolidated. That only directly effects the creation of warehouse tasks. etc.

Back to your first paragraph - your site setting is exactly how mine is set up regarding the consolidation of the transport tasks. You are consolidating based on multiple parts that meet the criteria of pulling from the same warehouse and going to the same bay WITH a common denominator of single ref 1 ( Shop order number, customer order number, etc.). 

Location Group, unfortunately, will always separate the transport tasks if they are different.