Solved

Configurable part pricing based of selection of two Characteristic combination

• 3 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Is it possible to setup sales pricing based on combination of configuration characteristic.

For example: If I have selected of

• Option A in Regulator and option 1 in Pressure range, the price offset is $100
  • Option B in Regulator and option 1 in Pressure range, the price offset is $120  

I tried using the Sale rule by manipulating the Characteristic quantity as 1.2 to get the calculated pricing as a work around. The issue is we have lot of such cases which needs this manipulation and updating for any changes in pricing is tricky and more time consuming.

Any other thoughts or solutions.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Siva

icon

Best answer by Thomas CH 23 November 2023, 19:21

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Siva,

you can use the “configuration characteristic sales price combination” where you can set up the combinations with amounts directly, but you can also use formulas or combinations for return value. 

Hope this fits your needs!

Best regards
Thomas

Badge +2

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your update.

The customer is in IFS Application 10 Update 11 IEE version, where these “configuration characteristic sales price combination” screens are not available. Any idea whether we have this in Apps 10 IEE version.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Badge +1

Hi Siva, 

sorry I was not aware that you need a solution for Apps10. Another customer has done a customization for it, as in standard there is no solution for.

The only workaround that I see, is the one you have already found: set up a combination to have the quantity according the offset, and then multiply the offset by quantity.

Maybe you can sell the upgrade to IFSCloud to solve the issue ;)

Best regards
Thomas

Badge +2

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the quick reply on this. I Could see the enhancement in 22R1.

We are actually rolling out IFS implementation for this customer. Upgrade to latest IFS is still a long way to go :), Probably i need to look for a customization as of now.

Do you have any information about how this was achieved through customization for another client in Apps 10.  Any information / hints will help me in creating the specification.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva