Solved

Combine/Add together multiple MS Sets (Master Scheduling)

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

I’m trying to use the  ‘Copy Forecast’ functionality to additively combine two MS Set forecasts together and effectively make one bigger one.

The ‘Add’ in the wizard title makes it seem like it’s possible, but it appears to just wipe the ‘to’ set completely and replace with the ‘from’ set’s forecast values, not combine/add together.

Is this possible today? @majose perhaps?

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 30 April 2024, 17:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

If you start at Master Schedule Level 1 Forecast Sets and select multiple sets you can Add them to another set.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for quick response @matt.watters!

Tried to be clever, but think the logic of add like I’d hope isn’t there. Can likely work with your solution though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

From the documentation:

• When adding to a forecast set, the values from the selected master schedule sets are added into one forecast. If the target set contains forecast values, these values are included. If there is a master schedule proposal in the target set, it is left unchanged. Only forecast fields are combined.

I can add 5 & 6 into 3, but I cannot add 5 & 6 into 6.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

From the documentation:

• When adding to a forecast set, the values from the selected master schedule sets are added into one forecast. If the target set contains forecast values, these values are included. If there is a master schedule proposal in the target set, it is left unchanged. Only forecast fields are combined.

I can add 5 & 6 into 3, but I cannot add 5 & 6 into 6.

Very helpful. So then one (kind of clever) way to work with this is:

Set 2  & New (Empty  Dummy) Set  <ADD TOGETHER INTO> Target Set 1

Works since the calculation is additive to the existing target set forecast values.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Guys,

You have sorted it out without my help.It is working like Matt says.

And by the way - Copy Entire Master Schedule was implemented on request by some customers who wanted to save the April situation in another MS set and then, as time goes by, compare June situation with what we thought and knew in April.

-Mats