Question

Availability Check and Purch Order Dir Supply Code

• 1 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is there a way to have availability check automatically apply dates at customer order entry for supply code Purch Order Dir?

For Invent Order it does this, but for Purch Order Dir it appears to suggest a new date (based on supply chain matrix and supplier manufacturing lead time), but leave it to the user to apply the date.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

Could you please let me know your current version and Update?.

For App10, there is a bug fix in UPD14 that solves this problem for configurable parts. The workaround suggested is “Workaround is to manually trigger the availability check by updating the Wanted Delivery Date”.

But if the system suggest correct dates according the supply chain matrix and supplier manufacturing lead time, then availability check is being triggered and applying suggested date, right?

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

Could you please let me know your current version and Update?.

For App10, there is a bug fix in UPD14 that solves this problem for configurable parts. The workaround suggested is “Workaround is to manually trigger the availability check by updating the Wanted Delivery Date”.

But if the system suggest correct dates according the supply chain matrix and supplier manufacturing lead time, then availability check is being triggered and applying suggested date, right?

Regards,

Pilar

Hi,

Thanks you for the response. The version is 10.18. We are not using configurable parts, so I’m not sure if the update changes mentioned will apply.

The functionality is appearing as below. Consider a part with 21 days lead time, of which 7 is supplier manufacturing time and 14 is external transport time from supply chain matrix. Customer also has 1 week delivery from our site. At order entry we process the order line without any changes to dates. In this case wanted date is 1 week from today due to delivery to customer lead time.

With supply code = Invent Order

System checks against wanted date 1 week ahead, realizes it is not possible and automatically re-dates the order for 4 weeks ahead (accommodating all lead time)

With supply code = Purch Order Dir

System does not change from the wanted date (delivery from site to customer). Only an info message is presented which appears to consider supplier manufacturing lead time and external transport from supplier to customer. It does this behaviour regardless of availability check being on/off.

I am just wondering why in the case of Invent order it automatically changes the date, but Purch Order Dir it does not. It makes no sense to leave the order at the wanted date, which is the lead time from site to customer, as this will never be the time taken. But the user must manually adjust the dates.

I have also tried other supply codes, such as shop order and it appears availability check does not work with that one either.