Question

Advance invoiced and block order

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Customer would like to know if it is possible to automatically blocked an order when the advance payment was not fully paid but after the reservation. The idea is to manually reserve a lot but blocked for shipment until fully paid advance invoiced. Seem pretty basic to me, but IFS seem to fall short on that.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m pretty sure if you enable the ‘Advance Invoice Full Paid Check’ on the Customer / Order/ General tab you can achieve this requirement.

When creating the customer order, whilst header is planned, create advance invoice and perform Manual reservation. When releasing the Customer Order the order will go straight to Blocked with Blocked reason of ‘The Customer Order is blocked. Payment Pending Advance Invoices Exist.’

Note that if you Release the Customer order, create the advance invoice and try to use Automatic reservations / Reserve Customer Order the order will automatically go to blocked. If you then try manual reservations you will get an error and you won’t be able to reserve so the sequence of input is important.

The above screen shot is in Cloud but this is also available in Apps 10 EE and possibly before then.

I hope this helps

Kind regards
Deb

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for that answer. It does work, however, that would require the release button has to be secured and perform at the very last moment. Not what i call a full proof system.

Badge +5

Hello 

So if the order is blocked prior to the AD invoice being paid, is the order auto unblocked when the invoice is paid ?

Many thanks in advance, 

Paula