Question

Touchapps scanner error ‘Java.Lang.Rutnime.Exception’

• 12 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Customer’s Notes:

APP10 UPD9 Onpremise customer Aurena only

What I found was if I go to the touch app url from a browser on the scanner it redirects me to the Microsoft sign on page like it would with any of the other IFS login pages.   I can log in there and get to the touch apps web page.

If I then try to go to the touch apps scan it app instead of getting the java error I get redirected to the Microsoft sign on page as above and am able to sign into the app and use it.   If I reboot the scanner and try the touch apps app right away I get the java error again.  As soon as I sign into touch apps from a browser I no longer get the java error and instead am prompted to sign in.

So what would be the difference between the browser and the app that by logging in through a browser first it would then allow the scan it app to present the correct login page instead of giving us a java error?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Customer figured out the reason for this issue: We believe we have resolved this issue. In testing last week it was found that by launching chrome first we were then able to log into the scan it app and would be prompted to login from it instead of getting the java error as we were experiencing.

Troubleshooting this more we found that we were having to enable chrome on our scanner each time we rebooted before we could complete this process. I went in today and enabled chrome on the scanner through our admin software. Rebooted the scanner and then tried the scan it app first before accessing chrome. It worked perfectly. It appears that by having chrome disabled on the scanner it caused the application to not be able to redirect to the Microsoft sign in page. Enabling chrome but leaving it off the screen for our end user allows everything to work as expected.