Solved

TouchApps move from TouchApps cloud to onprem

• 5 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi

We are building our onprem touch apps server to move away from the ifscloud solution for Apps 9 that is being retired in March.

The onprem touchapp server previously had the ScanIT 2.1.4 app deployed to it but the version we are using on ifscloud is 2.1.7. 

Is there anything I need to be aware of before I deploy 2.1.7 to the onprem server?  Will it update or remove any data in IFS?  Do I need users not to be using Scanit through the cloud?  Anything else you can think of?

I also have apps that havent been deployed at all to the on-prem server.  Can I just deploy these with no impact to the users currently using them through ifscloud?

thanks

Graeme     

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 6 December 2022, 04:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @GFRASER_CDE Scan It 2.1.4 and 2.1.7 do not deploy anything to your app server or database the same way that some of our newer apps do. What you deploy and enable on the TAS shouldn’t in any way impact any users already active on the Touch Apps Cloud.  In this sense, there are no general considerations.

That said, I’d recommend a hard cutover rather than running both parallelly, so that there is no confusion on whether it’s the OnPrem TAS or the Touch Apps Cloud is serving requests.

You can go ahead and deploy and enable new apps on the TAS - active users via the Touch Apps Cloud should not be affected at all. Once you have all the apps deployed, enabled, configured and tested, I’d suggest making a hard cutover to the new TAS. Good luck with the transition!

Badge +3

Hi @GFRASER_CDE Scan It 2.1.4 and 2.1.7 do not deploy anything to your app server or database the same way that some of our newer apps do. What you deploy and enable on the TAS shouldn’t in any way impact any users already active on the Touch Apps Cloud.  In this sense, there are no general considerations.

That said, I’d recommend a hard cutover rather than running both parallelly, so that there is no confusion on whether it’s the OnPrem TAS or the Touch Apps Cloud is serving requests.

You can go ahead and deploy and enable new apps on the TAS - active users via the Touch Apps Cloud should not be affected at all. Once you have all the apps deployed, enabled, configured and tested, I’d suggest making a hard cutover to the new TAS. Good luck with the transition!

@rukflk thank you.