Solved

Touch App Install issue - App10

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Expert,

Now we got the error when installation Touch App server for Apps10.

We use IFS Aurena UI and also access URL by IP Address instead Server Name as below picture.

Please assist me how to solve this issue?

Best Regards,

/Somkit 

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 22 February 2022, 18:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Somkit Srisatja, this is a standard .Net error message that indicates that your app server’s certificate is either self-signed, or the name on the certificate doesn’t match the URL you’re invoking. First make sure the certificate is not self-signed, but is valid and issued by a trusted CA. Once you confirm that, try using the FQDN of the App Server URL (e.g.: https://prod-mws.acme.com), making sure it tallies with the certificate (which should be for either prod-mws.acme.com or *.acme.com). SSLLabs is a great tool for diagnosing certificate issues, but in this case your app server seems to be internal only (and not running on port 443) so we can’t use it here.

Also bear in mind that if you want to use mobile devices outside your internal network and without a VPN, you’ll need both the TAS and the application server (if you’re using database authentication) to be accessible from outside the network (i.e.: they need public URL’s).

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @rukflk 

Thank you for your suggestion.

In case our environment without internet (Internal intranet). How to do?

Do you know Apps10 UPD14 (MWO) still require TAS or not? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Somkit Srisatja you’d have to verify your certificate directly then. I believe there are tools for that too, but I don’t have a recommendation based on experience, sorry. You still need to make sure the certificate is valid and the certificate URL(s) match your usages.

Apps10 MWO requires TAS across all updates.