Solved

SMTP error - Unable to read data from the transport connection.

• 27 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I believe there is some limit that is being exceeded (Timeout=100000). Do we know if these emails are being sent asynchronously?

Customer is trying to email a large volume of smtp  email messages, we get an error, but in smaller groups of emails around 100-125 they are processed without error. Would you know what would be causing this? 

Timestamp: 2020-10-21T01:48:00.8462035+00:00
Message: Exception Message : The following system level exception was generated by the application: Communication error sending smtp mail message: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
To:
Contact your system administrator for assistance. The server log or event log may contain more details about the error.
Source : Not Available
Target Site : Not Available
Help Link : Not Available
Inner exception message : Communication error sending smtp mail message: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
To:
Inner exception source : Metrix.CommunicationServer
Inner exception target site : SendMailMessage
Stack Trace :
Inner exception stack trace:    at Metrix.CommunicationServer.SmtpMessage.SendMailMessage()
   at Metrix.CommunicationServer.CommunicationServerListener.SendMailMessage(Stream message)
Machine: RD00155D42E015
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1927199443/ROOT-1-132475994426173285
ProcessId: 9556
Process Name: w3wp
Thread Name:

icon

Best answer by Ann Degroat 2 November 2020, 15:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @andeus,

I have seen it before that the email notifications can start getting out of sync with itself when the notification is triggered for large numbers all in one go.

The solutions previously that I have seen have been to put a wait in the setup to space these out and make sure that the full amount does not back up in the system.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Lee, 

What is the recommendation for the spread?

The scheduled process, request_billing_email.xml, runs (attached).  This uses a hierarchy select to determine which invoice records to update.  It then updates user_def5, user_def6, and user_def7 on the invoice record.

This triggers the business rule, sces_invoice_delivery_xml.  Rule condition 1, is then triggered which runs the custom xml that I’ve attached to the case, sces_invoice_delivery_xml.xml.  This does a hierarchy select, then a perform_send_notificatoin, followed by an update_invoice to set user_def3 to Y, which indicates that that record has been sent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Should the Azure Managed Cloud customer be setup asynchronous or synchronously ? Has anyone had any experience with this?