Solved

Service Coverage Time

• 28 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

How could I change time type automatically on a work task  time report based on time of day?

I have a service work order with service contact. Customer says you can visit the site M-F 8-4. Anything outside those hours we can bill overtime. 

Ideas how i can do that in apps 10?  I know about scheduling preference and scheduling availability but nothing that translates availability into pricing markups. AKA coverage time. 

icon

Best answer by anmise 28 October 2020, 05:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s a bit tricky area, because you don’t always necessarily know when you were on site. I mean, people forget to change the status of a work task or just put in some hours without paying attention to the dates.

There’s no automation in this space today. The techs would have to report using different time types manually.

If you don’t use auto clocking and your techs report time manually, I guess your techs could just specify the start and stop time and you could then setup events/migration jobs to split transactions into multiple with different time types based on coverage time specified in for example the object availability (which I believe is only available if you have PSO) or a custom logical unit where you set this up.

There are a few items in the road map related to working time, billing etc. but I don’t know if this is part of it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

It’s a bit tricky area, because you don’t always necessarily know when you were on site. I mean, people forget to change the status of a work task or just put in some hours without paying attention to the dates.

There’s no automation in this space today. The techs would have to report using different time types manually.

If you don’t use auto clocking and your techs report time manually, I guess your techs could just specify the start and stop time and you could then setup events/migration jobs to split transactions into multiple with different time types based on coverage time specified in for example the object availability (which I believe is only available if you have PSO) or a custom logical unit where you set this up.

There are a few items in the road map related to working time, billing etc. but I don’t know if this is part of it. 

Thanks @anmise  we'll be using auto clocking. Do you have any information from the road map you can share on this?

I'll start looking into a custom event and logical unit to do what I need done  

Userlevel 7

Thanks @anmise  we'll be using auto clocking. Do you have any information from the road map you can share on this?

The below snippet sounds promising, but I shall try to find some more details and get back to you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thanks @anmise  we'll be using auto clocking. Do you have any information from the road map you can share on this?

The below snippet sounds promising, but I shall try to find some more details and get back to you. 

Looks very promising!  Thank you. Any information you can find would be highly appreciated :)