Question

Problem Allocate resource on work task IFSAPP10

• 26 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

I have set up a new Maintenance Resource group and when I try to allocate resource from that group on a new work task, I cannot see the the schedules of the team when I right-click. So I am guessing that I am missing some parameter in the set up. Any ideas what can be wrong? Or does anyone have good work instruction on how to set up this data in IFSAPP? 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

You can find how to do Resource set up  in  online documentation under Maintenance Resource Set up.

http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/documentation/en/WorkTaskManagement/AboutMaintenanceResourceSetup.htm

Regards,

Uthpala

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, Saly,

Are you sure you have resources that meet the search criteria? You can go in the SEARCH button, disable all the criteria to check if the resources are correctly connected to the site. If that is the case, none of them meet the task requirement. You should then either adjust task requirements or your resources capabilities.

If that is not the case, it points out to some problem connecting your resource to the site in the Resource Navigation functionality.

Regards,

Leibnitz

Badge +2

Hi,

You can find how to do Resource set up  in  online documentation under Maintenance Resource Set up.

http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/documentation/en/WorkTaskManagement/AboutMaintenanceResourceSetup.htm

Regards,

Uthpala

Thank you Uthpala for you response, I cannot open the link (nor my colleague), is there something wrong with the link ? Can you upload a pdf-file or is it a access issue? 

Regards, Sandra

​​​​

Badge +2

Hi, Saly,

Are you sure you have resources that meet the search criteria? You can go in the SEARCH button, disable all the criteria to check if the resources are correctly connected to the site. If that is the case, none of them meet the task requirement. You should then either adjust task requirements or your resources capabilities.

If that is not the case, it points out to some problem connecting your resource to the site in the Resource Navigation functionality.

Regards,

Leibnitz

Thank you Leibnitz,

I have checked above parameters and it is set up as you describe. I do see my resources in the Resource Monitoring Gantt, but as described I can not allocate the resources on the work order. I doubled-checked and I have same search criteria for both.

And from work order:

If I add the resource on the line and the then RMB to Allocate Resource  I get the schedule from that resource, but I can newer get the whole group.

Regards Sandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @SALY ,

Could you please check the below criteria once 

• Resource must set as Active.
  • Resource must belong to at least one parent resource group which is set as Use in Maintenance.
  • Resource must belong to a Specific Site. Resource belong to a specific site when it fulfills below conditions
    • Resource must belong to at least one parent resource group which has the specific site connection in the Connections/Site tab.
    • Resource must have the specific connection in the Connections/Site tab
    • For a Person type resource:
      • Resource must have an employee connection, set as Primary Scheduling in the Connections/Employee tab.
      • The specific site should be existed in the Site field in the Details/General tab for its Primary Scheduling employment.

Availability of Person

• If IFS/Human Resource is used, then the HR schedule of the person's primary scheduling employment is taken to get the availability. This is applicable only in IFS/Enterprise/Resource Allocation and Monitoring Gantt and IFS/Dynamic Scheduling Engine.
  • If there is no HR Schedule then the Calendar directly connected to the person in IFS/Enterprise/Resource is taken to get the availability. This is applicable only in IFS/Enterprise/Resource Allocation and Monitoring Gantt and IFS/Maintenance Planning Board.
  • If the person's calendar is not available, then the Maintenance Organizations Calendar connected to its primary scheduling employment is taken. This is applicable only in IFS/Enterprise/Resource Allocation and Monitoring Gantt and IFS/Maintenance Planning Board.
  • If there is no maintenance organization connected, then the person is considered as not available.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi!

In this case, the answer is easy! You have entered the resource id “ELJO” as a hard demand into the Demands tab, Resource ID field. Remove the Resource ID and then open the Allocate Resource Gantt again and you will get all resources connected to Maintenance Organization and Resource Group.

Below you can see there is a specific resource demand entered.

Have a nice day!

//Janne