Question

Posting control T1&T2 MSC2 and C55 issue

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

When the MSC2 and C55 posting control is tested i do not get the expected result.

The C55 in my understanding should use the Resource - Maintenance information - Department

The MSC2 in my understanding should use the Employee Maintenance information ie the HCM module Employee Assignment - position.

The current behavior for C55 and MSC2 seems to be 100% the same. The Resource - Maintenance information - department field is used as field for the posting control.

Please verify and explain why two different posting controls has been created and how to use the HCM Organisation  position in the T1 and T2 setup. 

The most common setup is to use HR cost center in the T2 rule, as the home cost center will get the credit posting in a best practice setup.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Please check below example, which might be helpful.

MSC1: Employee on Time ReportC55: Maintenance Organization per Site

Let’s say there is a code part defined as HR Department:

Posting control setup:

Now, create a work order, work task and report time for an employee, example THIKLK

Note that HR Department is correctly fetched from employee as per the posting control setup for T1, MSC1.

Therefore kindly check whether you can enable your Employee - HR Organization setup in the above way (even though it is not the direct relationship between Employee - HR Organization ).

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yeah, it  is possible to set it up as you describe, but as the customer is a Swedish Government, with around 1400 employees plus a huge amount of consultants to perform time reporting, this setup means one need to setup one record per employee and this means a huge amount of data.  Everytime one employee change a cost center one need to update the posting control details. As well when there is an organization change in the future one need to update all records on employee level.

What we aim to get is an generic behavior for this customer, and all other customers, to have the same principabe logic for how cost center is determined in the system. I would say that this applies to all customers using Project and Service in the same solution having a code part for cost center.

IFS Cloud Resource has got the functionality to fetch the schedule from HCM module, but the expectation is to fetch Schedule and organization information from HCM module into the resource and maintenance module.