Question

Need maintenance survey under work task

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi 

Need guidance regarding , I have setup a Maintenance Survey and want it to be displayed on the “Work Task” screen on status change. 

Thanks

13 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to link this Maintenance Survey to a Workflow configuration. You can read more about Workflow Configurations here 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Under Workflow Configuration, make sure that your workflow’s Configuration Type is set to “Configured Work Task”.

The eForm’s workflow type needs to be set to “Configured Workflow” and status must be “Published”. Then add the eForm to your workflow’s eForms list and you will be able to select it in your Actions Flow.

Userlevel 7

Under Workflow Configuration, make sure that your workflow’s Configuration Type is set to “Configured Work Task”.

The eForm’s workflow type needs to be set to “Configured Workflow” and status must be “Published”. Then add the eForm to your workflow’s eForms list and you will be able to select it in your Actions Flow.

It doesn’t have to be “Configured Work Task”, you can also have it set to just “Work Task” and have the eForm trigger based on status change. The eForm would then be linked in the “EFORMS” tab.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello

I tried to make a survey and attached it to the workflow configuration through eForm tabs but the survey is not being triggered in the “Work task-service” screen. Posting the snaps for the reference. Can you please guide me why the survey is not being displayed on the work task. Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7

Hello

I tried to make a survey and attached it to the workflow configuration through eForm tabs but the survey is not being triggered in the “Work task-service” screen. Posting the snaps for the reference. Can you please guide me why the survey is not being displayed on the work task. Thanks in advance.

It looks like the workflow isn’t active. Please try and flick the toggle in the header and try again (don’t forget to initialize your device). 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, initially the workflow was set to active, for changing and testing the different configuration types I set it to Inactive state. Still while it was active the Survey wasn’t appearing in the work task-service. 

Userlevel 7

On your task in mobile, can you see the workflow applied under “Applied Configuration”? What have you setup in the Filters tab?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This is how my Filters tab looks like.

Userlevel 7

This is how my Filters tab looks like.

Ok, so unless you’re raising tasks for Tools, you wouldn’t get this applied. If you change the connection type to “EQUIPMENT”, activate the workflow and then initialize your device, it should work. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I have checked it on “EQUIPMENTS” too but it didn’t appeared. Can you guide what is initializing the device means please. I think I am missing something on this part. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7

I have checked it on “EQUIPMENTS” too but it didn’t appeared. Can you guide what is initializing the device means please. I think I am missing something on this part. Thanks. 

Where are you trying to use this? I have just assumed mWO (Mobile Work Order), and to get the new changes downloaded, the quickest way is to initialize the device. You can do that by opening the menu, selecting sync and then the “three dots” and Initialize. But maybe you are using this in the tech portals?

This only works in mobile and tech portals.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Anmise,

In FSM we want to attach a workflow to a work task assigned to a technician but we are unable to do so , Can I link predefined workflow configuration to a newly created work task ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise,

In FSM we want to attach a workflow to a work task assigned to a technician but we are unable to do so , Can I link predefined workflow configuration to a newly created work task ?

Thanks,

It is only applicable for work tasks in tech portal (request tasks currently not supported) and mobile work order. It is not possible to use workflows in the work task forms.