Solved

MWO screen does not show tiles

• 27 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I have set up my user as scheduling resources with access to mobile.  When I login to mobile with my user id/password, I get the following screen without the tiles.

I tried to follow the troubleshooting guides in the tailoring guide and video training on Mobile access, and this issue is not mentioned anywhere.   Does anyone have a clue to help me out. 

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 27 August 2023, 18:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Jacques Cormier are you by any chance on 23R1? There is a known issue that’s fixed in 23R1 SU3, hence my question.

Thanks,

Rukmal

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Yes, I am on 23R1. how can i see the version number

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Rukmal Fernando , the Toshiba customer is on SU2.  Thank you very much.  I will tell everyone on the project team.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Jacques Cormier thanks for confirming. This happens because of a known issue that occurs when configuration contexts are in use, which I strongly suspect is the case here. You can confirm this from Solution Manager > Configuration > Configuration Context Mappings and you should see some mappings that relate to your mobile users (e.g.: they all belong to a group that get a Configuration Context applied to them)

. You have two options on how to proceed here:

1. Upgrade to 23R1 SU3 which has a correction for this scenario
  2. If upgrading to 23R1 SU3 is not a viable short-term option, the mobile users can be moved into the Global context as a temporary measure (i.e.: ensure that the configuration contexts no longer apply for the mobile users). For example, if the Configuration Context applies to a user group, the mobile users can be moved out of this group temporarily. Hopefully the mobile users in this case do not need to access IFS Cloud Web (i.e.: what used to be called as the “Aurena client”), as they may not see configuration changes done with the Configuration Context. Once the change is done, the MobileApplication Cache has to be cleared (Solution Manager > System Information and Utilities > Refresh Server Cache, Select “MobileApplication” and click Refresh Cache, ensure the resulting Background Job executes successfully) for the change to take effect.

I hope this give you and the project team a way forward.

Best regards,

Rukmal