Question

mWO Non-Inventory Sales Parts Functionality Removed

We are in the process of upgrading from Apps8 to Apps10. In mWO, we have the standard Apps8 setup to allow mobile users to select the expense from the mobile device. We set up a Part Catalog Assortment which contains all of our non-inventory sales parts that we would like to use on the work orders for service and travel expenses, which are billed to the customer. The assortment is then assigned under Mobile Part Management > Mobile User Assortments to all mwo users as needed.

We have been informed with the most recent changes in Apps10 mWO, there is no out-of-the-box solution for non-inventory sales parts. We have been directed to remote warehouse for inventory parts and given a possible work-around for non-inventory sales part. The viability of the work around is still being hashed out and involved several customizations.

Business Need for Apps10: We would like to have the technician select the non-inventory sales part from expenses on the mobile device. When that part is selected, the technician should see the initial list price on their device and be able to change that price as needed for that single transaction. We also need an associated qty. field and a total field. Once the technician has completed the work order, all of this expense information should come through to back-office in Sales tab of Work Task with proper Sales Part, List Price, and Qty. This is just native Apps8 mWO behavior (except of course it comes through to Postings on Work Order, not Sales tab on Task), but as stated previously, is removed in (somewhat) recent updates in Apps10.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, how were you able to work around it?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You can use "cost category" for this requirement as I understand your business scenario. You can connect Non-inventory Sales part to a Cost category. When report expense from MWO app you can select that cost category.

cost mwo.png

cost category.png

Hi Dakshinie,

Thank you for your response. This is a good suggestion and meets several of our requirements.
This will present some issues however.
The Sales Price is not made visible to the technician on the device.
We currently have cost values in non-inventory sales parts so we will most likely need to create a separate custom field for this. 
Cost does not come through as Price on the Sales tab and will require a custom event to copy it to the correct field. It’s my understanding that for this to work with Cost field, Cost and Sales Price need to match so therefore, probably same idea, but with a cf.

Thank you.

Since this was out-of-the-box functionality in Apps10, I am still curious if anyone found anything that is a direct replacement for it without multiple custom events/fields. Of course, those suggestions, like Dakshinie’s are also very much appreciated!

I don’t think I can edit my response above. Correction: “Since this was out-of-the-box functionality in Apps10, I am still curious if anyone found anything that is a direct replacement for it without multiple custom events/fields” is incorrect. - Should have read: “Since this was out-of-the-box functionality in Apps8 and for part of Apps10, I am still curious if anyone found anything that is a direct replacement for the functionality without multiple custom events/fields.