Solved

Mobile Device supported for IFS Cloud 22R1 and 21R2 version

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Dear All,

Could you please help me in getting the Mobile Device supported, Specification, Version and Browser for Android, iOS and Windows in IFS Cloud 22R1 & 21R2

Regards,

RR

icon

Best answer by RRPATNAIK 15 July 2022, 10:39

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

You have this in the supported platform page, but maybe you cannot reach it. 

Please check and see if you can see these supported platform pages

22R1

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/IFSCloudProdInfo/SitePages/Supported-Platforms-22R1.aspx

21R2

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/IFSCloudProdInfo/SitePages/Supported-Platforms-21R2.aspx

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Johan,

Thanks for you prompt response.

Regards,

RR

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @JOOLSE 

The IFS internal sharepoint links do not work for us, the IFS Customers. Can you kindly share a link where external parties can see? I am mainly looking for an IFS announcement that confirms that devices using windows platform do not work with IFS Cloud. Secondly I also need to find a list of hardware devices (including printers) that our company might have to set obsolete after starting the use of IFS Cloud. Currently we are in IFS 9. 

Thanks,
Asela

p.s. - Isn’t it the incorrect reponse above chosen as the ‘correct answer’? That might be misleading community members. Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Asela

It was the correct place, with the share poitn site, when I wrote it. But since then it has been moved into the technical documantation. Whewther customer can see this or not I do not know.

This is the public site for 23R2: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/080_supported_platforms/

For the app client we do not write anything about the reference devices we used to do in Apps9 and Apps10. With regards to printers, I do not know if we have that information or not. 

The part with Windows devices, I guess you refer to the windows mobile phone with the  specific OS that was present some time back, We are not supporting those type of devices in IFS Cloud. We support Android, iOS and Windows (desktop). 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes Johan, thank you. This was what I was looking for. And yes, I was referring to windows mobile phones with the old OS. Our company uses some of those and we just started roling out the cloud. With the Cloud Docs link you provided I can initiate a discussion, thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sorry to bother you again @JOOLSE but I noticed the following hyperlinks don’t work as well. 

Clicking there leads me to the following screen.

Please advise. 

Also can you please advise who should I contact with regards to the question on the printers? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

The links works fine for me and we do have a broken link test to see if this is working. I need to check up those pages as they might just be accesible if you are an IFS employee or should be moved so they are publically shown. Good catch as it was not covered by our tools and it works fine for me. 

I am not sure who is dealing with reporting and what devices can or cannot be used.  I need to check a bit internally and come back. 

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks alot Johan

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi

The links works fine for me and we do have a broken link test to see if this is working. I need to check up those pages as they might just be accesible if you are an IFS employee or should be moved so they are publically shown. Good catch as it was not covered by our tools and it works fine for me. 

I am not sure who is dealing with reporting and what devices can or cannot be used.  I need to check a bit internally and come back. 

Regards

Johan

Hi ​​​@JOOLSE 

Did you have time to check this? Please let me know. 

Thanks,
Asela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Also I’m trying to figure out what do EA and GA mean here? Pardon my lack of knowledge there. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

EA means Early Availability (Access) and that is given to some few customers that are involved in the pilot programs that IFS hase before the real release. GA means General Availability (Access) and that is the release that goes out for any customer to take. 

Regards

Johan