Solved

Maintenance/Service Employee Overhead Cost

• 27 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Community!!

Is there a way to capture Maintenance/Service Employee Overhead Cost - similar to manufacturing labor OH?    Or can we trick the IFS to get this cost created - is it possible to assign a “tool” (with an hr.ly cost) to an employee that would automatically track employee hr.s reported?  Thanks!  Troy

icon

Best answer by ttzeleznik 24 April 2023, 18:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

It’s possible to use Employee Labor Cost in Maintenance.

Please, see Thommys answer in “Work Task Labor Cost”.

Regards,

//Janne

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@janise   Janne, Thanks.  I’m very familiar with “Work Task Labor Cost”.  Unfortunately, what I’m actually asking about here is “Work Task Labor Overhead Cost”.  As I mention above, “similar to manufacturing labor OH.”  What I’m looking for but in terms of a WO/WT:

If manufacturing includes overhead costs, why doesn’t “service” include overhead (labor) cost?  Is this an IFS oversight?  If WO/WT’s do not include “service” labor overhead costs, I’m open to thoughts around tricking IFS into providing the result I’m looking for.

Cheers, Troy 

Badge

Thanks for the information…  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@janise@taradean , @sarafoster, @Hashini Kodippili,

Hello, We figured it out / found the answer!!!!!  Yes, IFS does support overhead rates for service labor.  We first looked at “Control Types per Posting Type Analysis” where service Labor postings of this sort should exist; they did, TO1 & TO2.  (POSTING_TYPE = 'TO1' or POSTING_TYPE = 'TO2').  We found this page in HELP (searched on “Cost Source”):

ifsdoc/documentation/en/Accrul/tbwCtrlTypePostTypeOvw.htm

Which pointed us to:  Cost Details Basic Data screen.  At this time we are using the Maint.Org as the cost driver, not “fixed.”   These two seem to be the only OvrHd Cost Drivers for service labor OvrHd.  🤔

Please add any thoughts, details, and solutions since some of these are new postings in “10” and there will be others looking for this information.

Cheers, Troy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Troy!

Finaly I get time to open and old Application where I have set up the TO1/TO2 we have in maintenance. I’m not 100% sure that this is the issue you searching but in the Work Order Transaction Hitory, you can get the Time Report Overhead displayed as below:

//Janne

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @janise,

Yep!  That’s what we were looking for and are now designing it into our implementation.

WOW - good ol Aurora.  That was a big step from Centura!!

Cheers, Troy