Question

Is it possible to set up notifications to be sent to MWO app other than the "new work assignment" notification ?

• 12 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi,

Using IFS Cloud 22R1 and MWO, I know that I can get a notification on the mobile device every time a "new work assignment" is received.

Is there a way to set up other notifications to be sent to MWO app, like a Purchase Request / Purchase Order to approve ?

Thanks for your help

Lénaïc

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi,

Yes. It is possible to send notifications to the mobile application. There are framework methods available to use for this purpose. You can include any content as the message as you want.

Best Regards,

Navod

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

if you want to send notification to a device at the same time that the underline data has changed (Push Data Sync) then you can do that in the app model under the section ‘notifications’. You need define the message under the offline entity and the action method (Also can trigger based on custom action) and then define the message text. 

Also you can send generic message to any device from your business logic using below API. But need to keep in mind that the message need to be generic as this will not guarantee that the underline data change will appear at the device same time as the message popup. 

if you are adding new messages on top of RnD app, then both of way above will need customizations. 

Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification(message_, '<App_Name>', <User>);

Badge +12

Hi @kathlk,

Do we have any IFS Academy course which demonstrates the configuration of Push Notification in mobile using Custom Events and Actions? If yes, can you please redirect me to that course?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Do you want to show custom alert messages in the device? Or do you want to show messages bind with push data? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kathlk 

I want to show messages bind with push data.

Example: a new Purchase Order has been pushed to the device for the technician to perform the receipt

Kind regards

Lénaïc

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

To do that, you should use app model notification definition. But you can build up the message via a projection action (PLSQL method). 

Eg:

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kathlk 

It seems a bit technical.

Is it a CRIM ? a C or an M ?

Or is there a functional page to configure “app model notification definition” ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This is in the app model and require a model change. here is the documentation: http://techdocs/22r1/060_development/022_user_interface/035_aurena_native/020_aurena_native_features/020_push_notifications/