Solved

Incorrect time displayed in Integration Scheduling Wizard

• 14 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi experts,

In this FSM6U10, Integration Scheduling Wizard, “Start Time” has a 1 hour difference from “Next Run”. Consider the following two scenarios,

The server is in ET time zone
For a Smart Client in ET:

• Last run and next run are at 5:30 AM 
  • Trigger field is set for 9:30 UTC
  • Scheduling wizard shows 4:30 AM - 1 hour difference
Smart Client in ET

The server is in ET time zone

For a Smart Client in CT:

• Last run and next run are at 4:30 AM 
  • Trigger field is set for 9:30 UTC
  • Scheduling wizard shows 3:30 AM - 1 hour difference

My question is, why is this showing a 1 hour time difference ? Since “Last Run” and “Next Run” is showed in Client time zone, shouldn’t the “Start time” in the Integration Scheduling wizard show the same time ? Is this a bug or is there an explanation to this ?

P.S. I referred the post Monitor schedules / Integration schedules time fields | IFS Community but this doesn’t explain this time difference.

Thanks in Advance !!!!

icon

Best answer by Hushan Hasarel 23 August 2021, 21:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Do you have any idea what this 1hr time difference is ? I also noticed this time difference doesn’t happen in some time zones, as an example, if I change the client time zone to Sri Lankan time, this 1 hour time difference doesn’t happen, “Next Run” and “Start Time” is the same. Does this have something to do with Daylight Saving Time ?

Thanks in Advance !

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @Hushan Hasarel,

The different summer time changes would be my guess as well. Not sure there is a BST options for instance, just a GMT which would be off currently due to the British Summer Time shift.

For ET it would be EDT and EST but I am guessing it’s permanently aligned to EDT as having it change throughout the year would be a big ask when you take into account all the different time zones and seasonal variations.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

R&D has informed  in 6 update 11, a change been done to fix the issue of next run value of the schedule shows a wrong value when server and client are running in different time zones.
A new time zone field was added to the scheduling wizard to specify a time zone for the schedule when server and client are running in different time zones.
For Monthly, Weekly, Days of Week and Daily schedule types Start Date and Next Run value of the schedule are calculated based on the time zone of the schedule, considering DST. Also they have further mentioned this issue will be entirely fixed in FSM6U13. Refer support case   G2272385