Solved

IFSADMIN Account

• 13 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

Can someone give me more information on the IFSADMIN account? We are looking to perform all administrator duties with a named user account. What are some functions of this account on the application side and backend? Can I go ahead and Deactivate the IFSADMIN Account? Any issues with doing so? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Link 14 April 2023, 15:04

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @RELAPOROSHIN 

sure, you can deactivate it as usal and there aren’t any issues. If you don’t use it you can deactivate it. But the good thing is it doesn’t consum licences. If you haven’t access on IFSAPP then it can be very useful. For example you can create an run all your (automated) background jobs with this user.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Link 

What is a good way to determine if this account (IFSADMIN) is performing any background jobs? I checked, but do want to make sure I am not missing anything. Want to double check before deactivation. 

Thank you very much for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @RELAPOROSHIN 

you can check the following screen to find it out:

There is a column “scheduled by”.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Link

Great, I confirmed that IFSADMIN does not perform any scheduled tasks. Anything else to look out for? 

Confused because I was given mixed messages. Another IFS Admin said that all IFS system accounts should not be disabled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @RELAPOROSHIN 

do you use mig jobs to import something daily, monthly ...?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Link We do not! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Link We do not! 

OK, I think that’s it. :-)

Badge +3

Generally you should not disable system accounts created automatically such users created for MWO Groups push or PSO integration.  Depending on the type of the account it performs different things and you cannot simply check schedule jobs or background jobs for that. 

However, as mentioned these should not consume licenses