Solved

IFS CRM TouchApps - Downlink (https://cloud.ifsworld.com:8080/Downlink.svc/) URL Not Found

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

The majority of our in field staff we use the iOS IFS CRM Application when visiting customer site. It was noticed that the app has been unavailable and upon internal investigation, it appears that there is an issue relating to the IFS Cloud Downlink URL within the IFS Cloud Uplink Service Configuration. 

We have documented some screen shots of the error we are receiving when trying to start the up link service and what we believe is the issue.

My question here is that are you aware of IFS decommissioning any services or do you know anyone that could confirm if there were any plans to decommission. We didn't receive any notification so am a little confused as to why it's suddenly gone.

We are in App 7.5

icon

Best answer by Rukmal Fernando 13 July 2023, 14:18

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Found this is now deprecated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@SUP_SAM the Touch Apps Cloud is indeed decommissioned. It was announced a year prior to decommissioning and we in fact ran it a few weeks beyond the communicated shutdown date, but too bad the news didn’t come through to you.

In case you missed it, please see this response for how to obtain the TAS installer. Given you’re on Apps 7.5, the newer versions (like 1.17.2) might not work, so TAS 1.5.0 seems like the safer bet.

Badge +4

@SUP_SAM the Touch Apps Cloud is indeed decommissioned. It was announced a year prior to decommissioning and we in fact ran it a few weeks beyond the communicated shutdown date, but too bad the news didn’t come through to you.

In case you missed it, please see this response for how to obtain the TAS installer. Given you’re on Apps 7.5, the newer versions (like 1.17.2) might not work, so TAS 1.5.0 seems like the safer bet.

Thank you Rukmal for the quick response. Appreciate a lot.

My fault I have missed it somehow.