Skip to main content
Question

IFS Cloud sending push notifications 24R1

Good afternoon,

I created a custom event that when State gets to approved it sends a push notification:

But currently this is only working for a specific user, and this user has 10 device_id where only 2 of them are receiving the notification, does someone know how to send to the 10 devices and to the other users?

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Push notifications are only delivered to devices that have push enabled. Could you please check the Push Enabled flag on all ten devices from the Installed App Devices screen?

Badge +5

By push enabled do you mean that have active notifications? If so they have, even the other users have

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Badge +5

How do I activate it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The push notification setting is automatically configured by the backend when the device is activated or initialized. If the Installed Apps Device screen shows this setting as "NO," the device will not receive any push notifications.

There could be various reasons for this, such as the device's OS not enabling push notifications or incorrect notification hub settings in the back office app parameters (though we can rule this out since two devices are receiving notifications).

Please check the push notification settings for the MWo app at the OS level on the device. If everything looks correct on the device side, the next step is to check the device logs for any errors.

Badge +5

For a User i Have, it’s saying that the push notification is enabled, but she isn’t receiving anything. Is there some other type of error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For a User i Have, it’s saying that the push notification is enabled, but she isn’t receiving anything. Is there some other type of error?

Do you also not get any push messages when using the standard Send Notification command? 

Badge +5

Currently I’m doing this query when the event gets triggered:

DECLARE    
 message VARCHAR2(50);
 user VARCHAR2(250);
BEGIN    
 SELECT resource_id into user
 from resource_tab
 where RESOURCE_SEQ = '&OLD:RESOURCE_SEQ';

message := 'Test' || ' resource' || ' value of query: ' || user;    
 Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification(message, 'ServiceEngApp', user);
END;

Is the  Mobile_Push_SYS.Send_Notification the standard Send Notification?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

Installed App Devices screen shows as push enabled but user does not receive it when sending via the Custom Event? 

Can you do a test by ‘Send Notification’ from the above screen and check logs in the mobile client to see any errors? 

Badge +5

Hello, How do I check the logs in the mobile client? It sends the notification to the mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello, How do I check the logs in the mobile client? It sends the notification to the mobile

You can view or send yourselves the logs using Settings in the left-hand navigation panel..

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have also updated your other post with a working code example: IFS Cloud Send Push Notification to MWO | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@FLopes  and everyone interested in this: Please find a sample in the attached document.

Badge +5

@FLopes  and everyone interested in this: Please find a sample in the attached document.

Thank you very much, I will try to implement this solution and then I will let you know if i got it to Work Thank you @Alexander Heinze .