Question

IFS Cloud 22R2 - MWO remove buttons

• 24 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I need to configure the MWO application and remove many buttons. It seems too complex for our field guys. Does anybody knows if is it possible?

Thanks,

Gianni Neves

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @gianni.neves! This is indeed possible!

The buttons (Commands in IFS) can be hidden using the Page Designer. I couldn’t find documentation covering exactly the hiding of Commands, but at a high level, the steps are:

1. Login using a user with permissions to use Page Designer
  2. Navigate to the “Apps for Page Designer” page, expand to your app (Service Engineer or Maintenance Engineer) and find the page you’re trying to simplify (e.g.: Work Details)
  3. Open Page Designer, expand Command Groups and find the Command Group corresponding to the button you want to hide (e.g.: Service Quotation), expand “Content” and click the actual command itself
  4. note that the command’s content opens in a new section just below the “Active Page” section. Set the Visible property to false and repeat for any other commands. Remember to Save and Publish the configuration!
  5. In my experience, just doing an Initialize didn’t always show me the desired result, so you might have to logout, disconnect and login again.
  6. Your commands should now be hidden.

Hope this helps. See the documentation for more around Apps for Page Designer and Page Designer, especially:

Below are a couple of screenshots from a quick test I did myself.

Here’s MWO Service before doing any changes:

here’s how I changed Service Quotation:

… and here’s the result:

Cheers,

Rukmal

Userlevel 7

Depends on which buttons you are referring to. A lot of them can be controlled by using Workflow configuration as well. You can read more about it here https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/DefineMaintenanceBasics/AboutWorkFlowConfiguration.htm?StandAlone=true