Solved

IFS Apps 10, IFS MWO Service 10: Return Material - Restricted amount of Parts and Serial Numbers

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The business case is the following:

The technician wants to return a serialized part (old part: Parts No is known in the server, Serial No is unknown in the server) in the mWO. The part was never available on his assigned stock (warehouse) and the serial number is unknown by IFS.

Situation in mWO:

If I open the dropdown of field Part No, I only get a restricted list of parts. In field Serial No it is not possible to add SN which is unknown as a Part Serial. The mentioned functionality is available in IEE.

Does anybody has an idea how to handle this in mWo: select all inventory parts and enter a Serial Number which is unknown by IFS, same functionality as in IEE or Aurena

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by HAHEDE 26 November 2021, 16:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @HAHEDE,

In the code we set return serial No/lot batch as ‘freeinput’ So user should be able to manually enter. I test that and unfortunately it seems not working correctly. Mobile WO team will address that.

Also for part no, we have a Employee workflow action ‘Enforce Part Validation’ to control manual input. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This is working fine for both Part No and Serial No (and also for Lot No) fields in Apps10, IFS MWO Service 10. Screenshot from windows client. You have to click on the row, which shows the free input to get it added to the field. 
For Part No field to be “freeinput” enabled, need to turn off the action ‘Enforce Part Validation’ in Employee configuration as Bandula mentioned above.  

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Bandula, hi Sampath,

thx for your support. It works fine for Part No. It doesn’t work for Serial No and Lot Batch No.. Do you have any idea what I should double check?

Thx, Regards

Harald

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Harald,

There is no an additional step to make/check in order to being able to enter a Serial or Lot No which doesn’t exist in IFS apps when returning a part serial from mobile. It should work the same way as it works for Part No in the client (for Part No you have to enable the capability in Employee configuration).

Are you on what platform? Tested in Windows and works fine. Please see below screenshots.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Sampath,

I tested  with IFS Apps 10 UPD 9 and mWO Service 10 Version 10.13.1360.0 for Windows. I cannot add a part no. and serial no. which doesn’t exit in the drop down in the New Return of the mWO.

I performed another test on my smart phone with IFS MWO Service (Android) with version 10.14.1362.0. I connected the app to Regional Test LKP, defined an employee based workflow configuration according your settings. With this test constellation it is possible to enter a PN and SN which doesn’t exist in the drop down in New Return in the mWO. 

Thanks for your support

Harald