Solved

How to handle cancelled CO in MRO external repair service process?

• 29 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I have come across a below business situation with a MRO customer. Appreciate your suggestions here.

In MRO process, through disposition shop order, a business user created an external service repair order (PO with order code 06) which creates the component customer order. Unfortunately, user cancelled the originally created customer order line and added a new CO line and shipped out the parts for repair with new CO line.

Now, the PO cannot be received and throwing error “Not enough components are shipped out to receive……”.

Question 01: Is there a way to link back the new CO line with originally created PO ?
Question 02: There is a way to receive back the part to inventory using order code 01 PO. But, my worry is about service cost associated with that order code 06 PO and what to do with that PO further? and how to cancel it further?

Issue exists in App8, App9, App10.

icon

Best answer by Thieuban 29 October 2021, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +3

@Thieuban, I was just wondering if you ever received a response to this or figured it out as I believe we may have the same issue/error. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Kerry Sitler I didn't receive any responses, but I was able to resolve it in below manner after trying out many workarounds.

The issue is to get back the inventory part to your inventory as well as handle the service cost. So, just try below steps and let me know, if this suits you.

Let's assume the shipped out Part is ‘A’

1. Create a new PO with order code 01 but similar to previous order code 06 PO. This PO has no link with CAMRO structure.
2. Add the part (A) details, make sure you have set the ownership and condition code similar to the originally shipped out part (A) which you are expecting to receive. If there will be a change in condition code after repair by vendor, put the new condition code in the new PO line.
3. Now verify the 'Current Status' is 'Issued' for that part (A) in 'Part Serial' window.
4. For the Part A, verify whether the check box is un-ticked for 'Stop PO Arrivals of Issued Serials' under 'Part' window.
5. Now, if you want to track it, you can peg the new PO to relevant Assembly shop order material demand, using ‘Manual Pegging’ (You have to do this, before receive the new PO)
6. Now release new PO and receive the same serial number. Your part A will be in inventory.

Now the question raises as what should I do with the originally created PO? Yes... unfortunately, you cannot cancel it either. You can disconnect it from CAMRO structure (if all business parties agreed).

Now, if you ask, what can I do for the service cost here? You have few options,

1. Try to include the service cost with another order code 6 PO with same supplier under same WO - If it is possible only with business process (Just to handle this situation).
  2. Manually add cost line for this service cost in Complex Assembly WO. 

In future, you can handle this situation by creating a custom event which prevents users to cancel CO lines which are connected with order code 06 PO.

Good Luck, and let me know if this works for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@kerri-leigh  I think this last update from Thieuban was meant for you. Hope it helps you as well!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@kerri-leigh  I think this last update from Thieuban was meant for you. Hope it helps you as well!

@Kerry Sitler Thank you for pointing out. 

@kerri-leigh I have mentioned the workaround which I followed. Let me know, if that helps you.