Document Revision record is currently locked - Background Jobs failing

• 10 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hi,

We have often background jobs failing due to locking.

There are a lot of “Please try again later” messages.

“The update could not be performed since the Document Revision record is currently locked. Please retry the operation.                    ORA-20113: DocIssue.FND_LOCKED”.

How can we find more about this? We could click on “Show Details”, which lets us know which document was involved. Would like to know why it was locked. Was it simply because someone was looking on that document?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

KW

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 11 March 2021, 11:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

It’s hard to know without knowing exactly what the background is doing. Also, do you have any custom events in this area?

I recommend contacting our support who should know about your solution, and/or any consultant that has helped you set these things up.

By the way, there are quite many jobs running at the same time there. What starts these jobs?

To answer your question about “looking”. If you mean to view the document, that operation is creating a history record. Perhaps, if someone happens to view the document at the exact same time the background job is running, a locking issue can happen.

/Mathias

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you look at the field “Function” in the background job and it says “INVOICE_IMPORT_UTIL_API.Release_Document__” this is solved in bug 156683.

I’m not 100% sure about the problem but if your batch queue “2” has more than 1 process you might avoid this by directing the method “INVOICE_IMPORT_UTIL_API.Release_Document__” to a batch queue with 1 process.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

It’s hard to know without knowing exactly what the background is doing. Also, do you have any custom events in this area?

I recommend contacting our support who should know about your solution, and/or any consultant that has helped you set these things up.

By the way, there are quite many jobs running at the same time there. What starts these jobs?

To answer your question about “looking”. If you mean to view the document, that operation is creating a history record. Perhaps, if someone happens to view the document at the exact same time the background job is running, a locking issue can happen.

/Mathias

Thank you Mathias. Not sure if there are any custom events here. But it seems like the job is trying to release the documents via Invoice_Import_Util_API.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

If you look at the field “Function” in the background job and it says “INVOICE_IMPORT_UTIL_API.Release_Document__” this is solved in bug 156683.

I’m not 100% sure about the problem but if your batch queue “2” has more than 1 process you might avoid this by directing the method “INVOICE_IMPORT_UTIL_API.Release_Document__” to a batch queue with 1 process.

Thank you Tomas. I have checked the function field and it indeed says Invoice_Import_Util_API.Release_Document__ . Where can we find out more about the bug which you have mentioned and how can we know how many versions we are behind that fix?

Our queue “2” has many jobs. And all of those jobs have 1 process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The bug is fixed in APP10 UPD11 or APP9 UPD18.

If you need more details etc. I would suggest you to create a support case.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The bug is fixed in APP10 UPD11 or APP9 UPD18.

If you need more details etc. I would suggest you to create a support case.

Thank you Tomas!