Question

Deleting duplicate work orders

• 20 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

How could I delete duplicate work orders from our system? I seem to be trying everything but I’m having no luck. 

If I try to delete the W/O I get this message, 

Parts are not the issue as these can be manually adjusted. How would we delete these work orders and not have them show in the system? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @JValk,

Which application track/UPD is this refereeing to. Also what you meant by duplicated WOs. How far have you proceed on these WOs. There can be few scenario where you get this Error, looking forward for further information on this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

HI @Mithila Rathnayake Yes it needs the track and upd version. I have came across a bug that was fixed in app9 related to shop orders and wos. The error looks like the same one.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

There can be several reasons for this. If you are in an earlier version than App 9 UPD 7 you will get this error due to a validation for existing transactions. This validation does not take the Order Type on Inventory Transaction History into account. Having another entity (E.g: Shop order with an inventory transaction) with the same work order number will cause the issue. This is now corrected in core application. (Bug ID: 135856)

Another reason is if the duplicated WO has cost lines (transactions) then you have to delete those (if not transferred) then delete the work order via a data repair.  Without checking the data setup cannot give an exact answer for this, unless if you can provide more information.

Badge +2

Hi @Mithila Rathnayake 

We are using MWO & IFS 10 - This problem however is in IFS10.

We process our work orders using MWO, we copy from paper job cards as we are moving from a previous system. Once these are processed through MWO we back office authorise them on IFS10 using prepare work order. 

The duplicates are ones that have been printed twice and have been accidently processed through. Once in IFS nothing is done to these duplicates, they just sit in active work orders as we can’t do anything with them. 

We’ve tried right clicking on the WO and deleting, comes up with the error in my first post. This refers to the materials added. 

When trying to remove the material line from the Materials tab it comes up with this error 

THE WORK TASK ‘882539’ IS USED BY 1 ROW IN ANOTHER OBJECT (WORK TASK SALES LINE)

When trying to delete the sales lines it comes up with this error 

‘THE WORK TASK SALES LINE ‘19794’ IS USED BY 1 ROWS IN ANOTHER OBJECT (WORK TASK COST LINE)’ 

The cost line cannot be removed. 

Which I think @Yasanthi Gunawardena has just referred to. 

Cheers.