Solved

Configuration Context Mapping does not function using mWO Maintenance 10

• 21 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have a need to create separate page configurations for mWO Maintenance 10 and have done the following:

Created a user group named “HelpDesk”, added my user account to this group

Using Apps for Page Designer with Page Designer to:

Created a context named “HelpDesk”

under this context, added text to a single label on the “New Work” assistant under Maintenance Engineer

Saved and Published this configuration, verified that it exist in “Page Configurations”

Created a Configuration Context Mapping such as Context = “HelpDesk”, Condition USER = username

Initialized the mobile device, yet the modification does not appear in mWO.

As validation of this process, I made a similar change to the same page (with different text) against the “Global” context and this change shows up immediately in mWO. Also, I am able to make this change to the Aurena page equivalent and it shows up correctly.

mWO 10.20.1405.0

Apps 10 (tested in both UPD16 and 18, both fail)

Just wondering if this could be a weird permissions issue or if it has something to do with sync’ing between IFS / Touch Apps / mWO?

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 21 June 2023, 20:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Context changes do not get applied on Initialization. You need to disconnect and activate again (like you do the first time using MWO) to get a different context to be applied in MWO

Cheers

James

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes, I forgot to add that I have been working with IFS and that was one of their suggestions. This morning, From “Installed Apps / Devices” in Aurena, went to “Mobile User Details”, then “Navigate to Details”, clicked “Disable App / Device” and verified that the device was disabled by trying to login to mWO from device, then modified the label I had previously created, re-enabled the device and chose “Activate” from the mWO login prompt, logged in and still no updated label.  Is there a different way of “deactivating” the mobile device as IFS used the work “deactivate”, but all I find is “disable”?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Call of the dogs, the search is over!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

So, upon further testing, the answer from James got me where I need to be, but I am still having problems. I had success mapping the configuration context directly to my account using the condition USER = username, but when I tried to go back to USERGROUP = groupname, it does not seem to work for the new groups I have recently created, but does seem to work for the first group we created when we launched IFS. I am wondering if I missed some steps in creating these new groups?

Regards,
Bob

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Update, after trying many other things, it would appear that when making new context mapping for new usergroups, the server cache for MobileApplication may need to be refreshed. So James was absolutely correct in that you must deactivate the device (appears as “disable app / device” when performing this step in Aurena, then mWO states it “has been deactivated”. I think my secondary problem was that this cache had not been refreshed in years and the groups were just created within the last few month. 

Thank you James and Dinesha!