Solved

Condition check

• 12 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can anyone please suggest me is there anyway where we can write conditional statement in our XML code.Like if conditions or if else condition i want to write in my XML code.Is it possible to write the conditions in XML code?

My scenario is comparing tasks which are more than 3 days in  queue but not closed needs to be closed automatically with the help of scheduled process.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 12 May 2020, 10:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

This sounds like you may be better off using the Business Rule functionality to check the conditions and then, if they are met, set the output of the Business Rule as your XML to close the subject task. Rather than trying to assess the conditions in the XML itself.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Lee,

I am not sure but Can you please suggest me which business rule will be ideal for this kind of scenario.

because we need to compare the days.

Regards,

Pinmaya

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi Pinmaya,

You can create your own business rule if an existing one does not fit. If you are not familiar with how to do this I would suggest reading the available training documentation and potentially arranging for specific Business Rule training. It is a very good idea to get a full understanding of the business rule functionality delivered from an expert in the area as it is a very versatile area of the system.

To check the day you would just need to select a field from the task that contains the date you wish to compare against and then put the condition in as comparing it to todays date. If such a field does not exist you can use a user_def field and another business rule to complete the field with the date at the relevant time. As you can see this would then be a chain of business rules which can then get a little complicated which is why I would suggest the Business Rule general training first so you have a good understanding going in.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks Lee,

Definitely i will go through these documents one more time and thanks a lot for your response and providing me the solution.

Kind regards,

Pinmaya