Solved

Best maintenance calendar setup for both corrective and preventive action

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I would like to use the same calendar (MAINT: Off on Saturdays and Sundays) for all maintenance organizations. It is used for both corrective maintenance and PM actions. However, there is an exception for preventive maintenance as the work is carried out according to a 24/7 calendar every day of the year.

When I use a maintenance organization on a PM action and add a new calendar (MAINTPREV: 365/24/7) in the PM action trigger, the calendar of the maintenance organization takes precedence.

The solution I found is to create dedicated maintenance organizations for PM actions with a MAINTPREV calendar. However, this is very cumbersome because there are more than 20 sites, and each site has 10 maintenance organizations.

I am looking for a solution that uses only one calendar (MAINT) for all maintenance organizations but calculates the dates of PM lines according to a 365/24/7 calendar.

icon

Best answer by eqbstal 26 June 2023, 12:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Andryis I don't get it. When a date is calculated based upon 365/24/7 the calculated date could be on a Saturday or Sunday. The connected work order and its tasks would not be able to ‘understand’ the date as it doesn't fit in the working week days.

Is it not possible to think of a replication job (in IFS10 available under migration jobs) that will copy over the information from one 'main’ calendar to the others?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @Andryis ,

I do not really understand why it should be cumbersome to change the applicable maintenance organisations to a different calendar. That is the way how IFS is expecting it.

Tha field calendar on the PM Action is only used to omit lines in the maintenance plan (see the help text of that field).

As you mentioned that there are 20 sites and 10 maintenance organistaions per site, that does not sound that much. It is only setting the correct calendar the the maintenance organisation once and then the sysrtem will calculate the plan accordingly.

As also mentioned by @eqbstal, you should also be aware that the execution on teh work task should also allow the 24/7 calendar.

So in my opinion is is only changing the basic settings once.

Please let me know if I do not understand why you think this is cumbersome.

Good luck,

Robert