Question

Aurena Notify Me Purchase Requisition authorisation error.

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We are testing Purchase Requisition authorisation through Aurena Notify Me.

The notifications are being received OK but when either Authorize/Acknowledge or Reject buttons are clicked, we get an error “The sync process has started failing”.
The the Error on the notification is Cannot AUTHORIZE requisition unless authorized by another user.
The process can be completed by the same user in Aurena.

This was IFS Apps 10 UPD21
IFS Aurena Notify Me 10 - 10.22.1450.0
On the server we enabled Notify Me 10 - 1.0.7

Any Ideas, I’m pretty sure it worked in the past but this would have been different versions.

Thanks

Paul

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi

How does the purchase requsition (PR) look like in the backend with regards to authorizers? What I mean is, do you have several different authorizers that needs to authorize the PR and should that go in a authorization sequence?  Like user 1 need to authorize first and then user 2, who is above user 1 should authorize. 

It seems like several users get the authorization at the same time and then the rules for authentization that has been set up needs the first user to authorixe before the second one can authorize. It should not work in that way and if the rule is setup that first one user should authorize, then it should not be sent to the other authroizers before the first user has authorized. 

I think you will need to report this to IFS, so we can have a deeper look into this issue.

Regards

Johan

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks Johan,
Yes there is a sequence. Some Authorisation groups and some Project Roles.
The example I was using had reached the Project Manager of which there is only 1. I am testing in a non production environment at the moment so there will not be any contention between users.

So I think the error is misleading. We have been using this form of authorisation in Aurena for 18 months.

I will raise a ticket today with IFS support.

Thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Paul,

I think the best option for you would be to report a case to IFS to see what's causing this. Personally, I have encountered issues with Notify Me, for example, I have seen that the notifications are sent out to all the authorizers instead of the next authorizer and encountered issues when the 2nd authorizer tries to approve the PO without the 1st authorizers approval. The error makes total sense but the fact that notifications were sent out to all the approvers didn't make sense at all.

There were no parameters to block this on the touch apps server either and IFS confirmed that the issue which i mentioned were fixed in update 22 and 23. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arunalu