Question

Associating Document Classes to Project Activities

• 4 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am trying to build project workflow-type capabilities in IFS (Aurena).  I want a user assigned an activity on the project plan.  When they open the activity I want them presented with the latest version of a document class they need to use for reference and I want them prompted for the document class they need to upload to complete the activity.

The project plans and associated activities are created from a template.  I’ve tried to associate an empty document revision to the activity on the project plan template.  When I copy the template the association of the document class to the specific activity will be copied to the new project plan.

The problem we’ve encountered is that a specific Document ID for the document revision is copied from the template to the new project plan.  If we create two new projects both projects share the same Document IDs, so two different users on the different projects will be updating the same Document ID rather than a document specific to the project.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this functionality?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

With some clever use of custom events I think you could get what you want (minus the “prompting”, that would require a modification of the client). Given that you can find a triggering point (when to execute the custom event), the custom event could create a copy of some template document and connect that to the activity. You could probably use the same database API/method that is used in the background for the Copy Document Title command in Docman.

If you don’t have the knowledge to pull this off yourself you should contact IFS support and/or your favorite consultant to get help.

/Mathias

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Mathias,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I’ll let you know what we implement.