Solved

Apps10 - TouchApps configuration with Azure AD

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Customer is in the process of setting up Touch Apps in order to enable Mobile Work Order.

When using Database authentication, the deployment and activation of MWO was successful by logging in with the ifsapp account. 

But customer is now using Azure AD authentication and when he wants to manage his TouchApps installation, he is redirected to the Office 365 login screen.

As a result, it is no longer possible to use the ifsapp account. Is it normal ?

Do you know the URL redirects on the Office 365 side and the IFS app so that Azure AD authentication can be turn off for Touch Apps management?
Or should we set up an admin user account that can log in via Azure AD authentication? What permission sets should be assigned to it?

Below is the configuration of the external redirect URIs on the server :

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction ?

I’m very new to setting up Azure AD authentication.

Customer is using IFS Applications 10 UPD12.

Thanks and regards.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 5 July 2022, 19:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Nikita38 ,

We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 at present and testing Update 15.   We use the touch app server for the Notify Me and Scan It applications and we use Azure AD as well.  When we log into the touch application server I use my normal user account which authenticates with Azure AD once I enter the correct username and password I’m redirected to the touch application server home page.    We use Microsoft Edge Version 103.0.1264.44 (Official build) (64-bit) to access the touch application server.

If you do not wish to use a user and Azure AD I would recommend creating a administrative local user on the touch application server and log into the touch application server by clocking the Local Admin button.   We also have a local administrative user created on the touch application server we can use to log into the client.

Are you getting an error when you login using the normal Azure AD user into IFS?

You’ll want to make sure the user logging in has the TOUCHAPPS_ADMIN permission set as well.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Nikita38

Can you check the TAS Trace.log and what is the error in there? 
You will be able to find it inside VM where the touch app server was installed :
E.g: C:\inetpub\IFS Touch Apps Server\Log.

Best Regards,
Kalana

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nikita38,

Did you try Local Admin option. There, you can login with TAS Server installed VM’s/server user credentials and manage the data.